Monday, June 1, 2009

Doonesbury gets in on the GPS act


So here is Doonesbury getting in on the GPS reference (panel 3). Further evidence that GPS has become pervasive in American society. This is a pop-technology two-fer (three-fer if one includes the iPhone), since it also involves Twitter. Keep in mind that most people have less than no idea how GPS works. "Involves satellites or somethin'." I'll wager, however, that 5 years from now GPS use will have massively increased, while Twitter will have become a relic of recent history, referenced only on VH1 "I Love the Naughties" compilations. While I do like the Doonesbury, I never did like this Roland character. It's a rare Roland story arc that I actually feel like reading. I had a bad high school government teacher who didn't like Doonesbury who said Gary Trudeau was bed-riddenly-ill and barely came up with the comic strip ideas, and certainly didn't do any drawing anymore. But that was in 1990. But if Mr. Trudeau was that sick in 1990, he should have been dead by now, no? Ya know what? Thanks to the Internet I can look that up now. Let's see... Wikipedia... Nope. Still alive. And married to Jane Pauley since 1980. Didn't know that. Go fig. Anyway. Doonesbury. GPS. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment