Monday, July 20, 2009

Map the internet





A few weeks ago I posted an XKCD toon that was a map of online communities. I'm not sure if this is an earlier version of that or a somewhat different subject.  This is a map of the Internet, not a map of Online Communities. Same or different? I'll settle on similar. This one is from 2006, as opposed to the other one from 2007. While the Online Communities map has more of a J.R.R. Tolkien-Middle-Earth look and feel to it, this one definitely hollers back to some of the character-story-based video games I remember playing way back in the early '90's. The "projection" described for the navigation of this map is pretty crazy. I like it.

Go to this actual webcomic, hover over the image, and there will be an additional message in the "title-text" . This one says:

For the IPv6 map just imagine the XP default desktop picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment