Thursday, July 23, 2009

Phantom coordinates


This one is somewhat odd in the sense that I don't regularly read this strip, only when it shows up on the great "Comics Curmudgeon" site by Josh Fruhlinger.
I don't read The Phantom by Lee Falk because it's soap opera-y and the plot lines are excruciatingly slow and it was never in any of the newspapers I knew in my youth ('course I wouldn't have read it then either). The Comics Curmudgeon keeps track of such strips and posts about them when there's something worth posting about (mostly how soap opera-y, slow, and ridiculous such strips are). Here titular Phantom has rounded up a bad-guy and is being transported to some place to dispense with the guy. Yet the actual plot surrounds one of the crew women who tries and fails to look at The Phantom. Serious yawn. But since he mentions map coordinates, here it is. I seriously doubt I'll ever post The Phantom again. Butcha never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment